Annual Salon / Photographic Exhibition
The Salon is our year-end competition and a public showcase of our best images of the year. You can enter up to 4 prints (NO projected) for judging and display at White Oaks Mall. Awards will be presented at the Year End Banquet.
- up to 4 prints total in any combination of Portrait, Open, Nature, and/or Monochrome.
- same requirements as regular competitions (mounted on a 16x20 board) but only prints, NO projected.
- remember to print a label and attach to the back of your mounted print
- any images can be submitted, old or new, as long as they have not been in a Salon before
- judging by 3 photographers from Ontario Council of Camera Clubs (O3C)
- scoring out of 10, for a total of 30
- all awards by Novice, Intermediate, Advanced and Masters levels in each category along with Best in Show
Mounting boards are available on meeting nights at the church ($3/board) along with 2-sided tape. Please see Bill Niessen for help.
Important Dates for 2019:
- May 02 and 09 - Submit prints at club meetings to Mary Chambers
- May 02 to 09 - upload a jpg copy of each print
- May 18 - judging at church, 11 am - 4 pm (all welcome to watch and help)
- May 24-25 - prints on display with awards at White Oaks Mall
- May 30 - Awards are presented at the banquet
- Volunteers are needed to set up May 23, supervise May 24-25 and take down May 25.
Our salon can only be successful with your help. Volunteers are needed for the following :
- May 18, 11:00 am - 4:00 pm - Judging - organize, display and tag images
- May 23 9:00 pm - Display set up at the Mall
- May 23 9 pm Truck pick up and transport racks to mall
- May 24-25 - Mall Supervision, 3 hour shifts
- May 25, 9:00 pm - Mall display take down and transport racks to storage
Please see Gail Nichol to volunteer.
Click here for more information on how to submit prints for competition.