Annual Salon / Photographic Exhibition
The Salon is our year-end competition and a public showcase of our best images of the year. You can enter up to 4 prints (NO projected) for judging and display at White Oaks Mall. Awards will be presented at the Year End Banquet.
- up to 4 prints total in any combination of Portrait, Open, Nature, and/or Monochrome.
- same requirements as regular competitions (mounted on a 16x20 board) but only prints, NO projected.
- remember to print a label and attach to the back of your mounted print
- any images can be submitted, old or new, as long as they have not been in a Salon before
- judging by 5 photographers from London and area
- scoring out of 30, with average score tallied
- all awards by Novice, Intermediate, Advanced and Masters levels in each category along with Best in Show
Mounting boards are available on meeting nights at the church ($3/board) along with 2-sided tape. Please see Dave Peel for help.
Important Dates for 2018:
- May 10 and 17 - Submit prints at club meetings - see Mary Chambers
- May 17, 7:30 pm - Deadline for print submissions
- May 1- 17 - upload a jpg copy of each print
- May 22 - judging at church, 7-10pm (all welcome to watch and help)
- May 25-26 - prints on display with awards at White Oaks Mall
- May 31 - Awards are presented at the banquet
Our salon can only be successful with your help. Volunteers are needed for the following :
- May 22, 7:00 - 10:00 pm - Judging Night - organize, display and tag images
- May 24 9:00 pm - Display Set Up at mall
- May 24 9 pm Truck to transport racks
- May 25-26 - Mall Supervision, 3 hour shifts
- May 26, 9:00 pm - Display Take Down
- May 26 9 pm Transport Racks
Please see Gail Nichol to volunteer.
Click here for more information on how to submit prints for competition.